AV-Playback is now our newest solution for the audio/visual professional.
This cost effective Windows based media playback application offers a full list of robust features a professional playback operator will find indispensable. The ‘Lite’ edition may not have all the feature of our M-Server edition such as Multi-Destination / Multi-Layered Timeline Control but trust us it’s Playlist Control is no slouch.
- Flexible User Interface: AV-Playback features a floating window design enabling the user customize the layout of their Playlist and Confidence Monitor windows. Each one can be positioned and sized to suite the operator’s preference. Layouts can also be saved and recalled back directly from the Lunch Control window. When doing so everything about the last saved layout loaded including the playlists themselves.
- Multiple Destinations: One of the primary reasons AV-Playback stands out from the rest, is its ability to support multiple destinations simultaneously.
“You can have more than one playlist running at the same time.”
This is accomplished by leveraging the power of today’s PC’s and the fact that more of them are now providing more physical monitor outputs as well more powerful video GPU’s. AV-Playback will automatically detect all available monitor outputs and provide access to them for use by its own playlist.
If the computer is unable to provide any additional monitor outputs, no problem by utilizing another copy of AV-Playback installed on another computer, you can assign that computer as a remote node and your primary or let’s say, ‘Master’ workstation will be able to connect to it and utilize it as if it had another local destination available to it. Connection is via a simple network cable. This is convenient when you need control playback on remote monitors even ones situated at a great distance, such as out front in a lobby or another room. An operator at the master workstation, now has full transport control as well as its own confidence monitor feeding back full motion video.
- Synchronized Backup: It is also capable of synchronized control of another copy of AV-Playback running on a separate backup workstation. The backup will follow in lock step with events occurring within the master workstation. This includes opening of playlists, if the playlist does not exist on the backup it will transfer the data and automatically create a matching one. Also, any video clips that are not already on the backup node but are needed in the playlist, AV-Playback will automatic transfer will be initiated for each of the missing clips, saving you from having to move them manually.
This feature also works when connected to a remote node.
Other aspects are all transport control events, on the fly changes to a playlist, such as adding clips, changing status of a clip’s Link, Loop, Punch-In & Out points as well as Fades and its rates. Each of these adjustments will automatically occur on the backup node, keeping things always in sync. We even considered the one time we do not want to be in sync such beginning play. For that there is an adjustment for you to set the amount of delay before the backup begins.
- Convenient Launch Control:Every time AV-Playback begins, the first thing you will encounter is a convenient ‘Launch Control’ window. This gives you immediate access to important tools that will get you up and running quickly.
- Music Playlists: You can create separate playlist that just contain music, audio bumps or sound effects. These playlists do not require a video output so you can have as many open as you like. Most of the same features found in video playlist is also present in the audio ones.
You can also add audio only clips to a video playlist. In that circumstance, a still image file can be assigned to it and be displayed on the video output while it is active..
- Independent Preview Control: Any video clip in a playlist can have its own preview control. From here the operator can review a clip, set in and out points, make any needed geometry settings and adjust cropping panels.
When the preview clip is the same as the currently active clip any geometry or crop adjustment can be seen live. Making it easier and more accurate since you will be able the results directly on the actual screen.
The user can also assign a separate audio output making it possible to review clips backstage using ear buds even while another video is being played live…
- Interactive Preview Thumbnails:Right click on any video clip in the playlist to see a helpful thumbnail so you can keep track of which clip is which. One will appear during either positioning of the clip current program position or when adjusting both the punch in and out timeline markers.
- File Conversion Utility:Another key feature is the convenient file conversion utility. From this control, you can easily convert any video or music file to a format that may better suites you needs.
- Play any filetype: AV-Playback supports 230 different media file types. 231 when you include the newly supported “.HAP” file type.
- Cross fade: Cross fade between clips. Can even adjust the fade duration independent of one another.
- Linking: Link clips together. They don’t even have to be next to each other in the list (e.g. Link 1–3–5–6 -10–etc.).
- Editing: Robust playlist editing tools like single click drag and drops.
- File associations: Automatic playlist file associations. Just double click on the playlist file from anywhere and fully launch the program.